UK Visa Expert

Family Visa For  Spouse or Partner

Family Visa For Spouse or Partner

If you are in the UK on a visa that is valid for more than 6 months, then you may be eligible to apply for a spouse/civil partner without leaving the UK. To apply as a partner or spouse , you and your partner both need to be 18 or over. Your partner must also either:

  • have settled in the UK – for example, they have indefinite leave to remain(ILR), settled status or proof of permanent residence
  • be a British citizen
  • Humanitarian protection or have refugee status in the UK

You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.

What Are The Eligibility Requirements For Spouse or Partner Visa ?

The applicant applying for leave to remain as a spouse of a British Citizen or a person settled person must meet the following requirements::

  • You and your partner must be 18 or over
  • You must be married or in a civil partnership and must have met in person
  • You must not be within the prohibited degree of relationship
  • You must be in a genuine and subsisting relationship
  • You must intend to live with your partner permanently in the UK
  • Meet the financial requirement whereby the UK spouse of the applicant must earn at least £18,600 gross per year (from employment, self-employment or other means) or otherwise have savings of £62,500
  • Have adequate accommodation enabling both the applicant and the UK spouse to be accommodated in the UK without recourse to public funds
  • Meet English language requirement

Financial Requirement of The UK Spouse/Settlement Visa

A minimum income threshold of £18,600 is required to sponsor the settlement of the spouse, partner, fiancé or proposed civil partner. There is also a higher threshold for any children also sponsored: £22,400 for one child and an additional £2,400 for each further child.

The financial requirement can be met in one of the following ways;

  • Income from employment or self-employment of your sponsor;
  • Maternity allowances or bereavement benefits received in the UK;;
  • Cash savings over a certain level. The amount of savings that you need to have will depend on the level of other income that you and your sponsor have. If there are children involved in the application, and the minimum income threshold requirement is not met, the best interest of the child will be taken into primary consideration;
  • If you apply from within the UK, the £18,600 can be made up of the income of both parties. In such cases, it should be easier to fulfil the financial requirement;
  • State or private pensions of you and your sponsor;
  • Certain income from sources other than employment, such as rent from the property;

UK Spouse Visa and Indefinite Leave to Remain(ILR)

You will normally qualify to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after you have lived in the UK for five years. You will once again have to satisfy the criteria of the spouse/partner status at the end of this period.

How Can We Help?

Each visa application is subject to strict conditions and regulations to ensure that only suitable applicants are approved. We can help you to secure your UK Visa and guide you through the whole process with our experienced and competent OISC registered advisor. We provide:

  • Feedback on all of your documents eligibility
  • Advice on the exact documentation needed for your application
  • Complete the application form
  • Cover letter with explaining and arguing why your case should be approved
  • Represent your case to the Home Office and deal with all correspondence

Our fee of £499.00 is for our service, this will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. UKVCAS appointment charge, Home Office fee etc. We offer our legal advice on a No Win, No Fee basis which means if your application is not approved provided that you submitted all the documents we advise with your application; you will not pay our professional fee.

Please note that No Win, No Fee won’t apply for applicants from outside the UK and our fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by us on your behalf e.g. UKVCAS appointment charge, Home Office fee etc.

We are regulated by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). We are not part of any UK Government Body or affiliated with it.

If you would like to apply for your visa through us and take advantage of No Win No Fee services; please send us a message via Request a Callback form and we will call you back.

Alternatively, you can apply directly to UKBA without using our service. While applying visa application directly to UK Boarder Agency yourself could save you money in the short term, the benefits of using our services could outweigh many risks and implications that you could face in the long run.

Request A Call Back

British Citizenship Lawyers London UK

Check Your Eligibility

Our 5 Star Rating